Friday 27 March 2015

Stampotique Backgrounds

Favourite Backgrounds

One of my favourite background effects is using modelling paste, Ink sprays and metallics
it create lots if lovely textures and its very forgiving

I started by sealing an 8" x 8" piece of chipboard with DecoArt Decopage Matt medium
Once dry I applied a layer of Modelling paste, this can be done quite randomly
The more texture the better really, some areas approx 1 mm and smoother to stamp into
 Dry with a heat tool until it form a skin
I stamped Daniels Hearts, honeycomb and France Papillon Design Cube into randomly
I also made an angled heart stencil from chipboard, and applied modelling paste thickly
 One dry I sprayed with a variety of Dylusions Spray, these are fantastic as the colours take really well and are so rich and vibrant
 I finished dry brushing DecoArt Rich Espresso metallic and Silver Media Metallic or you can you metallic pastes

Skiddy was coloured with Promarkers and set on her patchwork background


10 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Thank you for the tutorial. I'll be trying this for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous background Technique Jools, so effective and Skiddy looks fabulous on it.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah, what a fabulous background! Right up my strasse. Skiddy looks very at home there too. Tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. How rude am I? Thank you SO much for visiting my (very gradual) blog. All such a novelty still, wonderful when I receive feedback! Tk care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Jools! I guessed you would have lots of lovely texture! Thanks for joining us again this week at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing background!!! Love everything about your project. Thank you for joining the Stampotique DC again

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great background tutorial, Jools! Great stage on which for Skiddy to stand, too! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous......Love the colors......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous texture and canvas, thank you for the details of your process Jools, I adore this one!!! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Truly gorgeous background, vibrant and lush texture. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete