Tuesday 7 July 2015

DecoArt Seascape Canvas


I love Texture and earth tone colours and was keen to use this palette after producing much more colourful projects of late
I applied a variety of paper to a 24'' x 24'' canvas with DecoArt Media Matt Medium Tissue paper, music score, brown paper and random printed card stock and placed mainly in the landscape orientation

 Applied Media Crackle paste with a palette knife randomly and allowed to dry for a couple of hours 
 I started applying the darker colours randomly lower down the canvas for the foreground landscape
 Applying in horizontal brush strokes, texturing with Comb Tools
Building colour and wiping back in some areas to lighten and expose the papers and textures


With the lighter colours tones Paynes Grey and Titanium White for the sky

Colours used DecoArt Media Fluid Acylics Titanium white, Quinacridone Gold, Burnt Umber, Phaplthlo Turquoise, and Paynes Grey

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, atmospheric piece with wonderful texture and combination of colours. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always with your pieces, I am in awe.... Fabulous texture coming through from pprs & crackle. The colours are stunning too. I must say, having just finished a canvas, I am going more & more with acrylics. I REALLY want so many of the decoArt ones & all their different products. Your piece enforces that for me. I cannot get over how large your canvas is, amazing! Tfs & inspiring! C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Jools.... I'm not used to seeing you do something without some character or addition of something. I always love your art but THIS... LOVE LOVE LOVE. Just INCREDIBLY STUNNING. Just the type of art that makes me feel happy. One of my favorites of yours... wow. Going back to look again. Just WONDERFUL. j.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning Jools - love the atmosphere you have created with your amazing art

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love this canvas Jools. Great colour and abstract art. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made it sound so easy...I think you forgot to add the key ingredient...your incredible talent! This is beyond exquisite! Absolutely jaw dropping gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely amazing even my husband who is sitting next to me and is a complete art snob loved it Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!! Jools this is gorgeous...I really love your work..

    ReplyDelete