Wednesday 22 March 2017

DecoArt Coastal Tag



Adhere the house embellishments and the apply a coat of Crackle Paint to an MDF Tag
Apply Crackle Paste with a palette knife to form the landscape and clouds



I spritzed the tag with water and applied small amounts of the following DecoArt Media Fluid Acyrlics colours, spritzing and allowing to blend and flow
Prussian Blue
Cobalt Teal Hue
Green Gold
Yellow Oxide
Burnt Umber


Prussian blue was applied and spritzed bleeding downwards, wiping back on the texture clouds


The houses in the foreground were lifted with a little dry brushing of Titanium White


9 comments:

  1. I loveeeeeee this tag Jools
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous design and techniques Jools xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, Jools - the little houses are so cool, and your paintwork is, as always, glorious.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is INCREDIBLE Jools. You did AMAZING work with the crackle - it is small in the sky, large on the earth and the windows look so neat crackled. Plus - dear me... the DecoArt Media colors are just LUSCIOUS MIXED to PERFECTION. Love the buildings - I could just look at this forever. I would love to see this scene with all your wonderful artwork crackles and colors on a big canvas!!! Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful piece. The colours are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get paid really big bucks - you are so dang talented. I love every jot and tittle about this tag.
    Would you mind telling me where you got the houses? I really do want some in the worse kind of way.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your lovely comments x
    The houses are from Prima

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally gob smacked......can not believe the detail and perfect choice of color in this amazing piece! Thank you for sharing your technique.
    A+.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW this is so beautiful. I love your tag. I love the crackle in the windows of one house. It looks like the windows are broken. Again, amazing tag.

    ReplyDelete