Saturday 28 September 2013


My latest DT piece for That Craft Place Challenge- Baby
Take part 29th September
http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.co.uk/
 

This time the Challenge was ‘Baby’ which is a bit out of my comfort zone, but I am also working on a memory box for my nephews baby so had a lot of baby embellishments to find!
For the canvas I used a number of techniques inspired by a recent class with Finnabair
 
 
I started by layering lace onto a canvas, it can be any fabrics or papers you wish to use
Then arranged the embellishments, I chose to use a Tando mini printers tray for the central feature with the Baby photo and key embellishments .
Arranged buttons & Flowers around the frame, I also made some of them from paper clay and fimo. Then started to stick all the items down, and left to dry for 24 hours
Applied acrylic paint and ink sprays to the canvas
To finish apply white gesso in layers and dry brushed with white acrylic


4 comments:

  1. Beautifully put together Jools, love the tray and embellishing and the fabulous Finnibair finish.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brenda, this was my favourite class so couldn't wait to give it a try
    Still considering doing the class in Derby

    Hugs

    Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recognized the Finnabair style straight away, this was my favourite too. Worked great for this project, it looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable design, textures and techniques used!

    ReplyDelete