Saturday 4 January 2014

New Year Tag with new products


My new stamps arrived today from That Craft Place, Lisa’s Ditzie Designs
So I was eager to use them with some new products that were on my Christmas list
I started by stamping the Art from the Heart onto a small label, with the Paperartsy minis 99 feather
Which I then coloured in with ShinHan brush markers, these are new to me and they have a really cool large brush applicator and the colours are very vibrant

Then I distressed the edges with Derwent Inktense blocks and pencils with water around the edges
I then took some 3 stripes of ribbon and coloured them the Inktense blocks in a graduated colour sequence using the blocks with water, the colour becomes permanent when heat set
Its the first time I have used these and they are  brilliant, so versatile and the intensity of the colours is amazing
I then layered the ribbon over a gelli plate print background on a larger tag and applied with DecoArt glue and seal
Applied all the layers together and finished with some really pretty yarn and some string coloured with the inks

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! Such beautiful soft yet vibrant colour tones and I love the addition of the fibers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such vivid intense colours - it's beautiful. I've been eyeing the Inktense bars for a while - looking forward to seeing what else you get up to with them!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag Jools! love every layer with pink and lavender . And string too.

    ReplyDelete