Wednesday 7 May 2014

Stampotique Challenge- Pink and Orange

SDC146: Color Challenge-Pink and Orange Background


Corrie is our hostess for this weeks challenge:

"Hello everybody and happy Wednesday to you. I am hosting today's Challenge and I would like you to use pink and orange in your background. Now my mother used to tell me that orange and pink don't go together but because I am a rebel, I think they do !!! 


So I would like you to use pink and orange in the background of your project. I am looking forward to see what you come up with. Happy crafting."


I'm pleased to announce my first Guest DT for Stampotique Originals Stamps
I love the stamps such amazing beautiful artwork, quirky and such wonderfully expressive characters


As soon as I saw the theme, I wanted to create a Sunset and Silhouette effect And as Mela & Toby loved an evening stroll, they fit the bill perfectly and looked fab in the Garden bathed in fabulous pink and orange glow from the sunset

I created a pink and orange graduated background using DecoArt Traditions and Americana arcylics, Quinacrodone Violet, Vivid Violet, Black Plum, Bright Orange and Orange Twist

I then stamped Stampotique Mela & Toby such a beautiful pair with Stazon and coloured lightly with black watercolour with owl tree and sun, moon, clouds stamp in the background

I used the darkest stamps in the foreground to create a silhouette effects with secondary stamping and lighter stamps further up using Tenticurl, Jos Flower Cube, Seaweed, Stalks, Dandelion, Meadow and Spidergrass

The flowers and the hearts around the frame are Jos Flower cube and Heart cube Stamped onto card and coloured with the wonderfully vibrant Dylusions sprays and cut out, I lost count! and to finish off a couple of Bumblebees and a Dragonfly!

I hope you have been inspired by all of the Fabulous DT design projects and we look forward to seeing your lovely Pink & Orange creations For more infomation and to enter just pop back
http://stampotiquedesignerschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/sdc146-color-challenge-pink-and-orange.html

Jools :)

10 comments:

  1. It's a gorgeous piece Jools, the colours are lush! I don't envy you all that cutting out though lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Jools, love the depth you have created with that flower frame! Who would have thought that these two could be so romantic together! Gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Jools, it's quite atmospheric. I love the scene you have created and the colours are amazing. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW love the other world look you have created for Mela and Toby, looks like they are completely lost in their own special place.

    You have put a lot of thought and effort into your piece, it is really beautiful:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just amazing work, Jools! Love how you blended all the colors to create such a wonderful world for Mela and Tony. Both the physical and imagined depth of this piece are profound. I know this took a lot of time, and it is so worth that effort. A privilege to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh so cool how you did this framing, the colors are so awesome blended like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful, they really look as if they are walking into the sunset !!
    Fab !!!
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that's a LOT of cutting out!! It looks fabulous and really worth the effort xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. This is stunning.

    I love the scene you've created and the beautiful stamped and fussy-cut frame.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing colours across that sunset sky! The flowery frame is glorious, and beautiful stamping to create your romantic scene. Huge congrats on your first GD spot for Stampotique. Can't wait to see what the rest of the month holds!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete