Friday 12 December 2014

A Vintage Journey - Lets Celebrate


A Vintage Journeys latest Challenge is hosted by Nikki and here's her brief
You can make something to celebrate Christmas if you wish but lets not forget about those December birthdays, anniversaries, Hanukkah and New Years. It may be fun to focus on celebrations other than Christmas, it's up to you.

I love Christmas trees and snowy scenes and decided to carry on my current theme of Christmas decorations for Nikki's celebration challenge and create a Winter Wonderland
using Tim's Dies, Idea-Ology and products

I painted Tim holtz Woodland Trees with Gesso 
 Then sprayed with Peacock Feathers Distress Spray Stain
Once dry brushed gesso to the edges of the bristles for a snowy effect
 I cut the back panel from chipboard and covered with embossed snowflake card and stamped trees with peacock feather distress inks then punched holes, and attached fairy lights to the back and fixed in place


 I attached a wooden star and then painted the bird house with gesso
Then coloured with Black Soot and Peacock Feathers Distress spray stains and Dylusions Slate Grey and wiped back to get a soft distress look 

 Finished with flower soft Polar white on the roof, star and bird
and on the floor of the house


The deer’s and toadstools were edged with peacock feathers distress ink and fixed to acetate 

Reindeer flight die was cut in chipboard andcovered with white card and edged with Peacock feathers
The Frame was decorated with tiny snowflakes and edged with Peacock Feathers
I hope you like my little winter wonderland, celebrating Christmas and a beautiful little deer that comes to visit where I live most days

Enjoy your celebrations!

Jools : )

You can find more fabulous inspiration from the Creative Guides and more details in taking part over at
A Vintage Journey here

16 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Jools, I love how you have done each segment but more importantly, how you have assembled them. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO beautiful in the snowy white and blue Jools! The staining looks wonderful on the house with the pretty deer, trees, and snowbird on top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jools, just stunning! Love the shabby effect you got on the house itself and the snow effect with the flower soft looks wonderful, love the lovely scene on the inside too. You must live in a wonderful place if a deer comes to visit every day....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable little house Jools! I love the way it's come together - perfect. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous, Jools - the snowy effect is fabulous, and I love the look you've achieved with the sprays on the roof.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Jools! love love the softness of your piece! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jools, love your winter wonderland and what a great idea with your fairy lights. Your snowy bird looks perfect sitting on the top of your birdhouse.
    Have a lovely weekend, Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful project this is. I love your gessoed woodland trees. Reminds me of winter in the Rockies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing art, Jools! A lot of delicate work and time involved, but this end result is absolutely priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your "Winter Wonderland" birdhouse and all the fabulous festive elements you added. The trees and the reindeer flight are amazing! Love this! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous christmas scene!! Love all the festive details.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Jules this is gorgeous - such beautiful details and so superbly created. Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Jools this is amazing! Such a fabulous winter wonderland feel with all the stunning textures, colours and elements. Love it! Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing winter scene! I love your little house! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  15. My word this is stunning. I love everything about this little house the colours, the tiny reindeers the trees. Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! This is one amazing bird house! I love the finish on the outside with your paint job and the flower soft! Very cool! Genius idea for the acetate stands for deer and toadstools! I love that it lights up! You and I were having similar thoughts with the outdoorsy thing...right down to the stamped trees in the background! Truth be told, my stamped trees were an afterthought; this was a card I stamped for my sister that went bad (I never throw anything out!). I love yours a WHOLE lot better, but I'm afraid it would have been a bit big for our tree!

    ReplyDelete