Monday, 27 April 2015

Clarity Challenge

This months Challenge is to use the Wee Folk stamps, you will find a couple hiding in the foliage, look quick though or they will be gone!

I colour washed the background with the fabulous Pebeo Dyna irridesant paints which give a subtle metallic sheen

Then used grunge paste with Clarity Pine Needle & Japanese Reeds Stencil

Stamped with the following Clarity Stamps

Large & Small Humingbird
Large & small Dragonfly
Large and small Lupin
Tree branch
Bugs Stamp
MT Grasses
Wee Folk Fairies & Elves

I then covered with a black acrylic and wiped back and textured with a baby wipe
Then dry brushed the modelling paste with Copper

Sunday, 26 April 2015

Stampotique Spring Challenge

Spring is in the Air

I recently attended a workshop where I had my first taster of using wire to make a basket stand for a project so was keen to try again and incorporate into a project along with springs!

I used single strand electric copper wire to form two circles one for the base and top, then run lengths to form the struts and wound around to form the bands
Then applied double lengths to each upright strut eight in totol aprox 10" in length
These were to hold the stamped images attached with glue ans sticky dots, which were coloured with Promarkers and the reverse with Pebeo Copper Acrylic as was the floral frieze around the base
Coiled around paintbrushes to form the springs and the Bees and Butterflies go Boing!

Stampotique Stamps

Hearts cubed
Small butterfly
Medium bee

: )

Sunday, 19 April 2015

Stampotique Circles

I applied modelling paste to a 12''x12'' Piece of Chipboard using Crafters workshop Well Rounded

I created varying coloured circles with the following Acrylic paints and wiped back with a wet wipe to create a softer effect and expose the modelling paste texture

Decoart Traditions
Warm White
Dioxadine Purple
Decoart Americana
Burnt orange
Orange twist

Stamped the following with a variety of Stazon inks and doodled with black and white pens
Finished stencilling with white acrylic using Clarity  Dotty Wave

Daniels circles
Three in a round
Spiralling out of control
Row Faces

Stazon Inks
Jet Black
Blue Hawaii
Vibrant Violet
Orange Zest

I added the Windmill of Your Mind lyrics using Craft Artist 

Sunday, 12 April 2015

Stampotique Challenge- Stitches

Meadow Flowers Sewn
 Coby's Stitches Challenges

I love sewing but don't find the time to do it, so this was a great opportunity to play with fabric and Stitches

I stamped Stampotique Dwindled with Stazon black, I found the best fabric was a quite heavy tight woven cotton also tried a satin but the ink bled too much

The meadow was made up of the Stampotique flowers
Daisy Daisy
Jo's Flower Cube using Black Stazon

Then coloured with DecoArt So Soft Fabric paints, blending as you would watercolour
 Bright Yellow
Green Apple
Indian Turquoise

I embroidered the flower centres with a satin stitch  and played with a variety of different stitches
 The edge of the canvas was made up of a variety of fabric and trims

Loved working on this project! :) 

Saturday, 4 April 2015

Stampotique Unusual Shaped Card

The latest Barkin Designer Doggy Bag

A great fun opportunity to use the wonderful new Dawg stamps by Daniel torrent

I'm not a great card maker, but do love structure so here's my unusual card!

I cut the bag on my Cricut using an Svg file adding the dog bone cut outs and dog bone tag
Painted the inside with DecoArt Aquamarine and stamped Stampotique Spiralling out of control with Stazon Royal Purple

I stamped Barkabe and The Dog Cube, painted around them with DecoArt Primary Yellow and True Ochre and finished the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink

Thursday, 2 April 2015

DecoArt Media Canvas

The new Andy Skinner Stencils are fantastic, I particularly like the snake skin style which create fabulous textures
and a great opportunity to use with the beautiful Andrea Matus Demeng Talaya Stencil 

I started by applying torn newspaper with DecoArt Media Matt medium to a 12''x12'' Clarity Canvas Board
 Applied Modelling paste with Andy Skinners Shedded stencil and Crackle Paste through Snakes Web
 Once dry, I applied strips of gathered tissue paper with Media Matt medium
 Then applied Translucent White over areas where I had to keep lighter for the image stencil
Applied the lightest colour tones of yellow, orange and violet wiping back with a wet wipe to lighten and blend and gradually building up the darker colour of Violet and  Purple towards the edge 
Again wiping back on the raised modelling, crackle paste and tissue areas

Stencilled the Talaya with Dioxadine Purple, heavier in the centre blending out towards the edge and the same with the word from Andys Serendipity Stencil


 Media Fluid Acrylics
Dioxadine Purple
Pyrrole Orange
primary Yellow
Quinacridone Violet
Phthlo Turquoise
Translucent white

Media Matt Medium
Modelling Paste
Crackle Paste

Snakes Web