Saturday 11 February 2017

Stampotique - Word up Weekend


I don't often make cards but when I do I love the challenge of construction 
As soon as Arwen's fabulous new Swing was launched, I knew I had to cut it out and get it swinging!

I stamped onto a 12"x12" piece of card and drew lines down from the branch, to frame the bottom I stamped the small flower and masked to overlap
Then cut out the centre around the swing

I stamped the Leopard Queen, Butterfly, Bee, Dragonfly and Stella seperatly and cut out
All of these were coloured with watercolours as was the branch, flowers and swing.

The inside of the card was created by stamping the flowers onto watercolour, and creating a subtle colour wash effect softened further with over stamping in white acrylic
As its Word up Weekend I decided to use 'World All of her Own' quote stamped in black

Stampotique Stamps

3 comments:

  1. INCREDIBLE JOOLS. The card and YOU!! Wow. Your card is just AMAZING. I have never seen one any where near like it and that's what I love about your artwork. It is always UNIQUE and One Of a Kind. Your friends are having a great time playing on the new swing! Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so darn good - love the image especially since I believe in faeries! The wonderful world of mystery. The inside of your card is so beautiful!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome fussy cutting - gorgeous card xx

    ReplyDelete